WBE PIE Meeting Notes
Sept. 6, 2012
Present: Sarah Easley, Susan Emory, Cherri Westbrook (WBE), Richard Hauschild, Alice Leeper, Christi Wolverton (Rotary), Latisha Stroer (CPD)
- 20 University Concert series tickets donated by Rotary member Bob. WBE will reserve seats for Feb. 6 DrumlineLIVE performance. WBE will make thank-you cards and determine how to distribute tickets.
- Monday morning assembly: Monday, Sept. 10 at 9:00—WBE will introduce PIE partners to students. Alice, Christi, and Richard expect to attend; Latisha might be able to come.
- Outdoor classroom work day – Saturday, Sept. 29, 9-12. This is a Mizzou away game. Possible rain dates include Oct. 20th (bye week) or Nov. 6 (away game). Work will include weeding, emptying rain barrels, raking, etc… Possible craft project for students.
- Block parties/curriculum nights – CPD will attend if McGruff is available. PIE partners are invited to attend to pass out freebies (pencils, keychains, etc…) and meet families. We will know more of what to expect after the first one. Dates are Sept. 13 (Lincoln and Unity), Sept. 19 (Claudell), Sept. 25 (Blackfoot). Carpools depart WBE at 4:20pm.
- Fall Festival – Friday, Oct. 19, 5:30-7(?) pm. WBE needs to check with Parent-Teacher Organization about details, but we will need volunteers to run games, serve food, etc… We will also be collecting donations for raffle items.
- Classroom partners – Rotary is aiming for 1 partner and 1 alternate per class. WBE will send a list of classrooms/grade levels so Rotary members can sign up for specific classrooms and get in touch with teachers.
Next meeting: Oct. 4 at 4:30
Please contact Richard Hauschild if you are interested at: The Media Department [firstname.lastname@example.org]